- Robert Downey Jr. was considered for the role of Mr. Peabody. He left most likely for filming of the Avengers.
- This is the first fully-animated Rocky and Bullwinkle film. Dudley Do-Right was live-action and The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle was CGI mixed with live action.
- This movie was gonna be in 2D (very similar to the show) but Dreamworks is now more focused on CGI rather than the traditonal due to the revival of Walt Disney Studios' Traditional Animation films due to the films Enchanted and The Princess and the Frog.
- Rob Minkoff is a big fan of "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" and has been dreaming to make a feature-film adaptation for years. Development began in 2007 and due to other productions such as Monsters Vs. Aliens and Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar 2. It was scrapped for a while until it finally went back into development in the 2010s.
- At one point, the movie was planned to have a November 1st, 2013 release date, but this was changed in order to take more advange of the March 7th, 2014 release date. Another animated time-traveling movie, Free Birds, took the November 1st release date instead as the film is about November. However, Free Birds panned.
- Rob Minkoff chose Ty Burrell for Mr Peabody because "his voice embodied all the different aspects of the character today - not just the intellect and the suave personality, but the underlying warmth as well.
- The opening of the film is based from the first episode of Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
- If you look closely, Rocky and Bullwinkle can be seen on paintings.
- Moses and Queen Tuya from the Prince of Egypt (another Dreamworks movie) had a cameo in the film. This was made for the 15th anniversery of the Prince of Egypt.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.