|The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle|
|Directed by||Robert De Niro|
|Studio||Jay Ward Productions|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Running time||90 minutes|
|Preceded by||Dudley Do-Right (film)|
|Followed by||Mr. Peabody & Sherman (film)|
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle is a 2000 live-action/CGI hybrid film featuring characters of The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. The film stars Robert De-Niro, Renee Russo, and Piper Pearbo. It is the third Jay Ward feature film, and the first Rocky and Bullwinkle installment to be produced in the 21st century.
"Rocky the Flying Squirrel and his erudite friend Bullwinkle J Moose are living in the now desolate Frostbite Falls, barely surviving on diminishing residual checks from re-runs of their old television series. Meanwhile, back in Pottsylvania, Fearless Leader and his notorious spies Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale have escaped their cartoon existences and are reborn as characters in flesh and blood."
- June Foray as Rocky J. Squirrel, Natasha Fatale, the Narrator's Mother
- Keith Scott as Bullwinkle J. Moose, Fearless Leader, Boris Badenov, the Narrator
- Robert De-Niro as Fearless Leader (live action)
- Jason Alexander as Boris Badenov (live action)
- Renee Russo as Natasha Fatale (live action)
- Piper Pearbo as Karen Sympathy
- Randy Quaid as Cappy Von Thrat
- Kenan Thompson as Martin
- Kel Mitchell as Lewis
The film received mixed to negative reviews from critics and several of the actors have issued a public apology over it. However, in recent years, it has been vindicated by the Rocky and Bullwinkle fanbase and has been praised for staying as true to the source material as possible, and ultimately considered to be an underrated classic, as well as the best Jay Ward film ever.